You will participate in projects for our European clients using primarily the Java programming language.
- Start Info
- Contact E-mail
- Contact Info
- Human Resources Division
Description of position
The successful candidate will be part of a talented software team that works on the development and evolutive maintenance of our clients' web applications. S/he will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from technical architecture to functional testing.
- Develops, and implements web-based Java applications to support business requirements and support requests.
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies and performs program coding and testing.
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Ability to work autonomously (as part of a larger team) to investigate a given codebase, identify the root cause and propose, develop and test a stable technical solution.
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- Proven hands-on Java web development experience with more than 2 years of professional experience.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management, etc).
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate).
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (e.g. JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC (Dependancy Injection Mechanism) will be considered a plus).
- Experience with test-driven development (Mockito framework experience is a plus).
The following will be considered a plus:
- Sematic web related technologies (e.g. XML/RDF, SPARQL).
- XML related technologies (e.g. XQUERY,XSLT).
- Angular JS.
- Familiarisation with Docker.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work in high-profile, international projects.
- Continuous education and knowledge exchange.
- Friendly and stimulating environment.
- Career path.