You will participate in International and high-profile development projects using the Java programming language.
Description of position
- Develop and implement web-based Java applications to support business requirements and support requests.
- Follow approved life cycle methodologies and perform coding and testing.
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research and investigation.
- Work autonomously (as part of a larger team) to investigate problems in a given codebase, identify the root cause and propose, develop and test a stable technical solution.
BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
Proven hands-on Java web development experience with more than 2 years of professional experience.
Object Oriented analysis and design with critical thinking on when to use which methodologies and design patterns.
Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA, Hibernate).
Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (e.g. Spring MVC, Spring Boot).
Experience with test-driven development with JUnit (Mockito, JMockit etc will be a plus).
The following will be considered a plus:
- Insight of Java and EE internals (Class Loading, Memory Management, Garbage Collection, etc).
Experience with Agile Development Methodologies (SCRUM, LEAN, KANBAN).
Semantic web related technologies (e.g. HTML5, XML, JSON).
Familiarisation with CI/CD servers (e.g Jenkins).
Familiarisation with Docker and/or Vagrant.
Subversion and/or Git knowledge.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work in high-profile, international projects.
- Continuous education and knowledge exchange.
- Friendly and stimulating environment.
- Career path.
- Private Health Coverage.