Are you a programmer with solid quantitative skills and the ability of decomposing complex data structures into engaging visualisations? Are you fascinated by machine learning concepts and algorithms? If so we have an opportunity for a Data Sciencist who will become member of a talented software team working on data crunching and statistics projects.
Description of position
- Analyze raw data: assessing quality, cleansing, structuring for downstream processing.
- Investigate, design and implement intuitive data visualizations.
- Assess and select suitable algorithms and toolsets for the project at hand.
- Follow approved lifecycle methodologies and perform coding, testing and debugging.
- Work autonomously (as part of a larger team) to investigate problems in a given codebase, identify the root cause and propose, develop and test a stable technical solution.
To be successful, your résumé would need to clearly illustrate the following:
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in a quantative field (Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, etc.).
- Proven hands-on development with more than 2 years of professional experience.
- Very good knowledge of data visualization concepts and libraries.
- Working experience in toolkits, libraries and APIs (e.g. Spark, MLlib, Hadoop, Plumber etc).
- Linux experience (any flavour).
The Following will be considered a plus:
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies (i.e. SCRUM, LEAN, KANBAN).
- NoSQL database experience.
- Competitive salary.
- Opportunity to work in high-profile, international projects.
- Continuous education and knowledge exchange.
- Friendly, stimulating and creative environment.
- Career path.
- Private Health Coverage.